Rev 1.1.1 and Mac OS X 10.2.3 FR

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jan 15 11:10:01 EST 2003

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 07:36  PM, Rick Harrison wrote:

> Yves,
>
> Rev 1.1.1 doesn't seem to work very well with Jaguar.

Not true in my experience. I've been developing on Jaguar w/ Rev 1.1.1
exclusively for several months. It works perfectly for me, except for
the other OS X bugs I am aware of which are not even specific to Jaguar
1) the shell() command doesn't work and 2) don't use Appearance Manager
look and feel while developing.

>  I've basically given up
> on any more development until 2.0 is released which is supposed to fix
> a lot
> of the problems.

I also do some C and Cocoa development on OS X and I can tell you that
Jaguar changed and upgraded a number of system libraries and
frameworks. They may have well have called is OS 11. So if you are
using Rev compiled externals or other compiled programs, then you
should evaluate them one by one and see if they are supported on Jaguar.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com