Sharing field text

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jan 15 10:45:00 EST 2003

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 08:20 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> As usual, a dumb question: how can I share a field with many cards so
> that the text in the field only has to be altered by a script changing
> one of the cards to make the altered text turn up in all of them? I
> thought the 'share text on each card' checkbox in the Properties
> Palette would do it, but it doesn't. I guess I am looking for 'true'
> background behaviour, but I am not concerned with groups here.

Only groups can be shared controls.  Try this.  Put the field in a
group.  Place the group on several cards.  That's a technical word,
"place"; use place in the menu.  Confirm the "share text" checkbox.
Enter some text.  I think it will show up on all cards.  Most
parameters will be the same on cards; it is the same field control.
The position will have to be the same on all cards.

Dar Scott