libURL will not accept data in a variable

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jan 15 10:03:01 EST 2003

This one is very strange and inconsistent. I am simply using a variable to
contain each piece of my ftp URL. I have replaced each variable with quoted
text (one at a time) to determine which variable is causing me grief. It it
the variable containing my IP address. So I tried using a field instead.
Still no go. I have tried getting the IP from the field character by
character and putting it into a new variable. The result is always the
same. Unless my IP address is quoted text, nothing works. Has anyone seen
this behavior before? Do you have a solution or an idea of something to
try? Thanks.

-- put libURLVersion() returns "1.0.8r4"
global myServerIP,myServerUser,myServerPass,myServerPath,theFileName
put fld 1 into myServerIP
put fld 2 into myServerUser
put fld etc.

-- This one does NOT work
put "ftp://"&myServerUser&":"&myServerPass&"@"
&myServerIP&myServerPath&theFileName into tUrl

-- This one works
put "ftp://"&myServerUser&":"&myServerPass&"@"&"172.000.000.000"
&myServerPath&theFileName into tUrl

Kind regards,