Processor Usage & QuickTime

xian xianman at mac.com
Mon Jan 13 19:40:01 EST 2003

Hello, I've just recently discovered Revolution and I am now working on
my first project with it. So far it's been a pretty smooth journey
except one thing that is really stumping me.

Every time I load a file into a QuickTime player, my processor usage
jumps to 100%. This doesn't effect the performance of my computer at
all, except it just will never idle. This in effect heats my Powerbook
up to a very toasty temperature, and I would imagine would drain my
batteries fairly quickly if I wasn't plugged in to a power outlet.

I take it this is probably a bug in Revolution which I hope will be
worked out in 2.0 =), but for now, is there anyway I can purge a file
from the player? Or perhaps someone has some crafty work arounds to
this problem...

Thanks for any help!
Christian