URL Trouble

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 13 14:03:01 EST 2003

"Roger Kingston (OmniBus - Stanford)" <roger.kingston at omnibus.co.uk> wrote:

> on mouseUp
>  get URL "http://mysite.com/Data/myDataFile.csv"
> put it into lvData
> put lvData & cr & the result
> end mouseUp
>
> This works fine the first time.  Then I have to wait something like
> several
> minutes (or exit RunRev and reload) before it, or any other file will
> download again.  In the meantime I get "Timeout Error" in the result.

I've had a problem with get/load url with the following configuration: Win
XP with Norton Internet Utilities (NIS) installed, MetaCard 2.4.3, libUrl
1.0.8b1.  The problem occurs if NIS is installed, even if it is
turned "off".  NIS on Win 98 works OK.  The problem I've seen is:  after 1st
socket of session times out, 2nd socket connection attempt fails, although
after wait of approx. 7 minutes with MetaCard (v. 2.4.3, libUrl 1.0.8b1)
still open, a second connnection can be made.