Drag group

Ryno Swart swartart at iafrica.com
Sun Jan 12 17:08:01 EST 2003

Thanks Scott,

It took a lot of cutting and fitting, but I have the dragging of my
little horizontal group working beautifully.

One problem has me stumped.

I put a series of buttons (7) into the group, which I can now drag
horizontally, and pass all kinds of messages to. What frustrates me now
is that when I hover over or click on any given button, all is well;
but once I move the mouse to drag, the buttons jump under the mouse so
that the dragging takes place on the centre of the group. I would like
the cursor to remain over the point that I moused down onto.

I suppose I could place the drag script inside each button, but then I
would have no room for my button scripts, and I do find the idea of
building within 10 lines particularly elegant.

Could you suggest some solution? Later on I hope to drag up to 20
images in this way.

Ryno.

My background is in fine art, mostly figurative work:
http://users.iafrica.com/s/sw/swartart