Drag group.

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jan 11 17:36:01 EST 2003

Recently, Ryno Swart wrote:

> Scott, or whoever else would like to help here, I recently downloaded
> your very elegant Drag Sample stack from which I appear to be able to
> get exactly the results I want, but of course I ran into a few problems.

> Made a group called "Drag us then" with two buttons: "Drag me" and "and
> me".
> Set the height and the width of graphic "New Graphic 1" to allow only
> horizontal movement, and created a new little graphic, "Oval".

> Problem 1: The mouse drags the group in mouseOver mode instead of only
> in mouseDown.

You should check your scripts and make sure only the items that you want
draggable have the drag script.  Next, you could try setting the lockLoc of
the group to true to prevent it from moving.  Offhand, I don't know why it
would move unless you added a script to it.

> I would like to have my buttons do, for now, something like beep, or
> show graphic "Oval".

You need to add your desired if/then situations to the script, along the
lines of:

if right of btn 1 = right of grc 1 then beep

> Can I get the buttons to hold still for me to move the mouse around the
> buttons, allowing mouseOver messages, and then to click on the one of
> my choice?

Check/try the above and let us know what happens.

> P.S. At the moment I cannot get into the "media" part of you very
> elegantly redesigned site.

We've never opened it due to lack of time to develop it. :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design