tabbed buttons

Jeremy Rayment jeremy at bigbackcomics.com
Sat Jan 11 13:01:01 EST 2003

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy Rayment and I am new media developer in Ontario, Canada. I stubbled accross Revolution while finding alternatives to Director.  I own 6.5 and am unhappy with Macromedia's pricing policy.  Anyway I am amazed thus far with Revolution (the starter kit but will probably move up to the small business version once I figure out the particulars of my database.) and I hope to pick the brains of others who use revolution.

I am designing an application (sort of like a word processor only specific to a certain writing style), and I like the tabbed button concept for part of my interface design.

How do they work?  I can draw one out on the card, and set some properties, but how do you distinguish from tab 1, to tab 2, to tab 3 interms of laying out options and buttons specific to each tab? I run in browse mode and the buttons just work..i.e. it seems to jump from one tab to another, but how do you set specific buttons, text fields, etc for each tab whilest in authoring mode?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jeremy Rayment