puzzled by behaviour

mark mitchell cowhead at mac.com
Sat Jan 11 08:33:01 EST 2003

Dave wrote:

> I have a button that uses the following script;
>
> send "delete this card" to this card in 500 milliseconds
>
> The button invokes the execution of this script in the stack itself.  It
> works ok in the development environment BUT DOES NOT work in the
> standalone
> application.
>
> I'm willing to bet that I am not the first to experience this problem
> and
> would appreciate any insights that direct me towards what I am missing
> or
> even how I could narrow down the problem on my own.

Hi Dave,
  A quick check on my end showed this does work in OSX.  What platform
are you on?  Anyway, maybe a work around for you would be to send the
message to something that doesn't get deleted (ie, don't bite your own
tail :-)).  So you could try
send "delete card XX" to this stack in 500 milliseconds

good luck,
mark mitchell
Japan