New Math

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jan 11 00:24:01 EST 2003

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 07:44 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

>  global theState, theScore, theMClick, theTries, theAverage

Anything can be fooling with the numbers since they are globals.

Perhaps there are errors in the script for some other states.  To make
this easier to maintain, you might consider something like this:

on mouseUp
   clickedState 7  -- where clickedState is defined in the group or the
card.
end mouseUp

Or better yet, don't define the mouseUp in the state but in the group
that collects them all.  There refer to the name of the target.  The
script is maintained in one place and you know all states have the same
script.

>     send mouseUp to btn "Play"

What does the "Play" button do?

Did you mean 'send "mouseUp" to button "Play" in 0'?  This will execute
right after the state mouseUp is finished.  The above statement from
the email will execute right in the middle of the state mouseUp.  Will
executing in the middle be OK?  (Not knowing what "Play" does I'm just
fishing.)

My best guess is a wayward state script.

Dar Scott