List etiquette and general helpful hints

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jan 9 16:49:01 EST 2003

>I have already been offended by some of the religious and moral views I have
>seen propounded here, but because I do not think this list should be cluttered
>with such discussions I have abstained from expressing my offence.

Hi Bernard,

I commend you for following what I believe is the surest method of
keeping unwanted posts to a minimum: do not respond.

When I attended my first Little League game, I came with the previous
experience of participation in a summer softball league, where
"razzing" was quite commonplace; so I "spectated" as I remembered it
was done by the "grown ups."  It didn't take but an inning or to for
me to realize I was the only one "mouthing off", and that my behavior
was obviously considered inappropriate in this particular setting.

IMFO, if people (a) don't respond to posts of a nature or subject
matter they don't want to see on the List and (b) take a conversation
off list when only two or three members wish to continue it, the List
will be self-regulating and Heather can get on with better things.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company