Standalone Icons

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 10:25:01 EST 2003

--- Robert Presender <rpresender at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> Using 10.2.3, Rev 1.1.1r2
> Will appreciate help.  So far, haven't found any
> help in searching the
> archives.
>
>   My problem is that the substacks'  icon (in the
> components folder of
> the data folder) is not represented by the Data type
> icon in the BNDL
> resource.
> How can I accomplish this?
>
> I have no trouble in obtaining my custom icon for
> the application(OS
> PPC checked in builder).  I have a file for a BNDL
> resource (APPL and
> Data types and their associated icons created in
> ResEdit) which I use
> in  Distr Bldr-MacOS Options.
>
> TIA
>
> Regards ... Bob

Hi Bob,

Have a look at the 'stackFileType' entry in the
Transcript Dictionary. Basically, it allows you to set
the 'Creator' and 'Type' 4-byte codes for stacks you
create.
For stacks you've created before or were placed in the
Data folder upon distribution-building, you can use
ResEdit or some other tool to change these codes
manually.
I believe there are a few utilities out there that can
automate this. Or you can write a simple AppleScript
"droplet" that changes these codes for you.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====