Faceless Revolution for CGI's

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 15:13:01 EST 2003

--- sean nicholas harper <snharper at cs.uchicago.edu>
wrote:
> I am curious...is it possible to use non faceless
> stacks as cgis?
>
> Thanks
> Sean

Hi Sean,

This is indeed possible, and the first thing you ought
to do is download the 'mchttpd.mc' stack from the
MetaCard FTP-site.
  ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/
This is a web-server written entirely in MetaCard
(which is the wonderful engine that RunRev was built
upon) which not only serves webpages but also allows
you to run cgi-bin and stack-bin scripts.

Another interesting download in this respect is the
sample stack fellow lister Gary Rathbone provided on
the Revolution Newbie Board.
  http://mailping.net/WebProcess.zip

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.