Timing (was wordOffset, repeat loop, speed?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jan 6 16:21:01 EST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 01:12 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> Wow!
> 63 milliseconds; 206 hits; 390345 characters ...looks like I have a
> very
> fast parser.

You might be able to tweak out a few more milliseconds.  Consider using
"for" instead of "with" or making the "with" work harder for you.

> It even works well with empty space, it gives me exactly what I
> needed.

This may work OK for a single space character, but you may have
problems with white space in general.  You may want to look closer at
this.  You may need to split up some of your multiword "words".

Dar Scott