wordOffset, repeat loop, speed?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 5 14:24:01 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm brand new to Runtime Revolution, just coming over from Director having
discovered this very cool app and hoping it lives up to what it says it can
do. I've already had the pleasure of disappointment caused by trying to
create Windows apps with Realbasic. Does anyone want a pro-license for
Realbasic 3? I doubt it very much. Anyway, I'm wondering about this handler
I need to build, and I'm wondering about the fastest way to have it parse
large amounts of text.

Would using "wordOffset(wordToFind,stringToSearch[,wordsToSkip])" in a
repeat loop, to create a list of numerical values for reoccurring instances
of the same word found from within the whole chunk of text, be the fastest
way to get a list of these words. When I refer to lists, I mean the
Director/Lingo kind. In RR it might be that an array is what I am referring
to. I want to create a pull parser based on numerical values that I can
access at a very fast speed. Perhaps there is a command that creates these
lists all at once without a repeat loop; something like
"findAllwordOffset()" ?

Thanks for any advice,
Mark Brownell
Gizmotron Graphics