how to print formatted, non-html text

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Jan 4 19:57:01 EST 2003

I need to print some text which is formatted in plain text with a fixed
width font. In my field I'm viewing it in a field with a fixed with
font (Courier).

I'm attempting to print this content with revPrintText, but can't get
it to look right. It looks OK with revPrintField, but I like the
headers and footers offered by revPrintText.

on mouseUp
   put tab & "<b>Recommended Square Footages for Maintenance
Facilities</b>" & tab into tHeader
   put tab & "printed on" && the long date &&"[data prepared 5/02]" &
tab into tFooter
   put "<font face=Courier textSize=9>" && \
       the text of fld "suggestedSF" && \
       "</font>" into tContent
   revShowPrintDialog true, true
   revPrintText tContent, tHeader, tFooter
end mouseUp

If I use Courier for the font, as above, the html formatting eats up
the whitespace, defeating my original intent. Can I trick revPrintText
somehow?

Also, can I get auto page numbering with either revPrintText or
revPrintField?

Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com