Playing a Music CD

MGreenb551 at aol.com MGreenb551 at aol.com
Sat Jan 4 11:16:00 EST 2003

       Hi.  I'm an expert HyperStudio and former HyperCard stack developer
who is considering switching to Revolution.  Though somewhat familiar from my
HyperCard days, Revolution has me wondering how I would accomplish some
tasks.
       In one stack design that I would like to update from HyperStudio, the
script accesses a particular music CD by track, minutes, seconds, and frames.
 (I know that your first reaction might be, "Why would anyone want to do
that?"  It's a long story.)  It appears that Revolution/Transcript can't
directly access a music CD, but is there some utility or plug-in that can?
Just Play-Pause-Stop type controllers aren't enough; I need to specify start
and stop times at runtime.

       Thanks,
                Mark Greenberg