Internationalisation

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sat Jan 4 10:45:01 EST 2003

On Samstag, Jänner 4, 2003, at 02:28  Uhr, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
>> Dear Revolutionaries,
>>
>> I've read the (rather clever and useful) recommendation that all text
>> (string) that is to be displayed to a user, anywhere in the
>> interface, should be kept on a separate text file, so that this file
>> can be easily sent to translators. This not only makes the
>> translator's job easier and faster (and cheaper), but also means they
>> can translate without having to gain direct access to your stacks.
---
>> Or have people found other ways/approaches to internationalising
>> their apps?
>>
>> All suggestions GREATLY appreciated!

Igor,
Until now I was thinking exactly for that, what you are describing
here, is the Profile Manger (PM), or better will be the PM in 2.0...
The improvement of the PM and the handling of rtf files are one of the
main point for (me) the Internationalisation. We had this point (rtf
file format for translaters) a few times in the past, but...

> It is an example on how to use custom-property-sets for exactly this
> task.
>
> Check it out, i think you will get the picture.

.... now I m confused completly, because this "custom-property" stack
simply "does it". What for is now the PM ???
Can anybody explain me that match: PM contra custom-property..?
Klaus?:)
thanks in advance

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539