OT: Revolution 2 on TV !

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jan 3 17:47:01 EST 2003

Recently, "Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com"  wrote:

> Another robotics question... Has anyone used Revolution to control robots
> of any kind?

Well, not control over movement of the robot, just its audio:

  http://www.cyberhaunt.com/rampage/

Otherwise, I have some links to gear that can control hardware via a
computer, but I believe those items use their own programming
commands/language to operate.  Not that Rev couldn't be used at all (in
fact, I believe Rev/MC could work in conjunction with some of the Lego
Mindstorms stuff) but in some cases, using Transcript might be redundant.

There was a cool Mac product several years ago called ADB I/O by BeeHive
that allowed your Mac to control external devices, but alas the company
seems to have drifted into obscurity after USB came along.  Perhaps someone
else knows what became of them.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director