two msgs in a lock field

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Jan 3 16:18:01 EST 2003

At 9:21 AM -0800 1/3/03, Yves Coppé wrote:
>I have a scroll list filed with lockText to true
>Working on Mac OS X and 9
>
>when the user click a line, the handler execute something
>when the user hold the mousestilldown another handler is executed.
>
>Now how can I prevent the mouseUp handler to be executed if the
>mousestilldown is sent.

Here's a recipe (from the Cookbook) to do this (this example changes the
text color, but you can do whatever you want instead):

local didPopUpMenu -- keeps track of whether the menu was popped up

on mouseDown
  put false into didPopUpMenu -- start out by assuming no menu
  send "popGoesTheMenu" to me in 2 seconds
end mouseDown

on popGoesTheMenu theLocation
  -- The menu will pop up only if the user is still pressing
  -- the mouse over the button after 2 seconds:
  if the mouse is up \
     or the mouseLoc is not within the rect of me \
     then exit popGoesTheMenu
  put true into didPopUpMenu -- skip the mouseUp actions
  popup button "Colors" -- the hidden popup menu
end popGoesTheMenu

on mouseUp
  -- if the user popped up the menu, don't do the click action
  if didPopUpMenu then pass mouseUp
  -- if there is a text selection, set its color:
  if the short name of the selectedField is "Example Text" then
    set the textColor of the selectedChunk \
       to (last word of the label of me)
  end if
end mouseUp

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com