ppc engine dowload problems

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 10:41:01 EST 2003

David,

Congratulations on switching over to Rev. What does your program do and
who is the audience?

Are you downloading the Mac modules from a Mac or Windows computer?
While you can develop applications in Revolution on any platform you
need a Mac to actually build Mac executables. If you develop on any
other platform all you need to do to build a Mac executable is to
download the Revolution environment to a Mac and copy over your .rev
application and build it. If you are doing your development on the Mac
then you can build for all of the platforms from it. If your goal is to
build cross platform apps then the Mac is the universal platform.

The floppy disk is dead. Macs haven't had them for 5 years and a lot of
PCs are starting to not have them either. In addition, a floppy would
not be big enough to hold Revolution applications. I would move on to
CDs or direct downloads from a web page.

Perhaps you could indulge your "hobby" and buy a new Mac which can burn
CDs. :-) Even a lot of PCs can burn CDs too but you won't be able to
put a Mac executable on it from a CD.

Bill Vlahos