sending and receiving cookies (solutions)

valetia at mac.com valetia at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 04:48:01 EST 2003

Hi all,

Here's what I've found out regarding using cookies with Revolution...

To Send Cookies via a Revolution Server-Side Script:

  put "Set-Cookie: fruit=orange; path=/" & cr
  put "Set-Cookie: animal=fish; path=/" & cr
  -- for above statements feel free to add expiry dates, etc.
  put "Content-Type: text/html" & cr
  put "Content-Length:" && the length of myWebPage & cr & cr
  put myWebPage

To Retrieve Cookies from the Browser via a Revolution Server-Side Script:

  put $HTTP_COOKIE into retrievedCookies
  -- retrieved format is "fruit=orange; animal=fish"

To Receive Cookies from a Web Server via a Revolution Client-Side App:

  get URL theURL
  put libUrlLastRhHeaders() into theServerHeaders
  -- look for "Set-Cookie:" headers similar to the ones in 1st e.g.

To Send Cookies to a Web Server via a Revolution Client-Side App:

  set the httpheaders to "Cookie: fruit=orange; animal=fish"
  get url theURL

Hope this helps! :-) If anyone has questions let me know.

Best Wishes,
Valetia