Standalone Data folder

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 1 23:25:02 EST 2003

Hi,
Thanks to all who have helped me with this problem.  I appreciate your
interest.

I have tried the suggestion of putting a dot(.) before the name of the
data folder.  It seems to work ok.
I rearranged my initial single stack file which contained the main
stack and its several subtacks into:

1.  Stack File A (contains only the SplashScreen).

2. Stack File B  contains all the previous substacks (user entries have
to be saved)

During Distr Build (v1.1.1),  I selected File A as the main stack and
used .Data (dot Data) as the name of the folder for substacks.

The standalone folder now consists of File A which, when clicked,
doesn't open  (I then trashed File A) and doubled clicked on File B
which opened as if it were an appl and entered data.  Upon reopening
File B my entries were saved.

Haven't been able to get it to work with 2.0 A15 r2.  Will await 2.0
beta.  Hopefully, 2.0  will have more documentation about the builder.
Maybe even a tutorial.

Regards ... Bob