setting pointer location

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Jan 1 22:33:01 EST 2003

On Sunday, Dec 29, 2002, at 11:08 Australia/Sydney, Alan Gayne wrote:

> Let me know how it works out.

I like it. The card has two groups (not in the Rev sense but logically
connected) of fields plus sundry other data. I use two modeless dialogs
to complete each the two field sets when needed. The user brings up the
dialog by clicking in any of the relevant fields, and can save changes,
leaving the dialog visible, do something else, or dismiss it without
changes (buttons are Delete, Clear, Save and Close). If, having brought
it up, they click a second time in the source fields then the new data
simply replaces the old (removing unsaved changes) in the dialog and
not affecting the source data previously selected. In normal use there
is no significant difference between having it modal or modeless but
the latter is a slight advantage to me where the user can pause to
adjust something else, affecting a calculated field, before completing
the dialog fields.

regards
David