Tutorials + idea

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Wed Jan 1 20:56:01 EST 2003

On Dienstag, Dezember 31, 2002, at 08:08  Uhr, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But for the near term, while printed books have many advantages, it
> seems
> more worthwhile focusing on electronic learning materials.  In
> addition to
> being more enviro-friendly than a dead-trees version that lives only a
> few
> months, along with that comes a much lower production and distribution
> cost,
> and the work can be delivered piecemeal rather than needing everything
> done
> at once.  Fortunately the production of such things is something Rev is
> particularly good at.

Richard
I m with you, but pls dont take my word *book* to precise...
The Book i mean is not only a paper-book. It should be too an app, pdf,
cd, e-documents etc...

> To encourage this sort of thing I've added a "Tutorials" section to the
> RevNet Stacks listing.  I've begun work on a simple shell project that
> can
> be used for tutorials, and will be a tutorial itself -- on how to make
> tutorials. :)
Do you mean this?
http://www.fourthworld.com/casestudies/cases/case0007gas.html
The links (of the thumbnails) in the left frame of the 4(!) frames on
this page do not work; (On click nothing happens). Maybe I dont
understand your page or I m doing anything wrong..?

> But we needn't wait for that:  if any of the readers of this list have
> insights to share with newcomers, please consider making a tutorial
> stack or
> a Web page to share that knowledge.  If you're a consultant, I can
> tell you
> that, judging from my hits logs, there are definite benefits to having
> Rev-related materials on your site -- seems RunRev's marketing is
> raising
> interest in Rev rather well, as I see a month-to-month increase in
> hits from
> search engines for Rev-related searches.

So many traditional scripters here, even the Guys from rev, imho do not
really see the total potential of a platform independent tool like
rev/MC, when they are looking only at potential new *scripters*.

Let me give you one example why I think this: In the biggest town of
the world - Mexico city, the administration has thrown out Windows,
because it is to expensive now, and have changed to Linux. They will
need a lot of new tools, apps of any kind in the next years. But they
are interested in developers coming from their local population,
because thats the cheapest way to give them work and get anything back
from them later on. So there is a potential of some hundred thousands
future developers, if... if(!) the curve of learning and understanding
"the/a" developer tool is not for a small target market like well
prepared scripters/programmers ...
For you (and a lot of gurus here) scripting this xtalk is an easy
thing, because you know it and you dominate it. But for the rest of us,
which are not so prepared in scripting its fairly difficult. Think
about that: how many people could work well with DOS..? A small group
of persons only. The breakthrough was the more (for the rest of
us)-understandable (brainfriendly) UI "Windows", (yes I know, it was
the Mac but thats another story) which has *combined* symbols with
text...
The same you have seen in Page Layout, Webdesign, Multimedia Authoring
and you will see in programming/scripting in the future. When we will
see a tool with a real brainfriendly UI everybody can be a developer.
And we need much more to get more easier solutions. Rev with the MC
engine is a first and big step, still lacks this kind of UI but has the
potential to more...

my 2EuroCent...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539