ugh. WinXP background color

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Fri Feb 28 16:32:01 EST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:36  AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/UsefulScripts.htm
> entitled "Fixing XP default background color"

Here is the aforementioned workaround:

if word 1 of the systemVersion is "NT" and word 2 of the systemVersion
 > 5 then
   put queryRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\MenuBar")
into tColor
   if tColor <> "" then
     put word 1 of tColor,word 2 of tColor,word 3 of tColor into tColor
     set the backgroundColor of this stack to tColor
   end if
end if

I am using this workaround. It works fine in the IDE, but in my
standalone it does not. I am getting 236,233,216 from the registry and
setting to into the backgroundColor. In the IDE it's a tan color, and
in the standalone, as soon as the background color is set, my app goes
all *black* (everything that inherits background color, like all
controls).

I have to do something because my standalone which looks beautiful on
Windows 2000 looks poorly on WinXP because all the controls are white,
and on a white background that looks really stupid.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com