XP and ask/answer file commands.

Ray Bennett smilingeyes at mac.com
Thu Feb 27 13:47:01 EST 2003

XP seems to ignore my request to set a default directory where the user
will be when I ask them to open a file.   OS X / OS 9 both doing just
what I'd expect.  XP always goes to where it was last.

Help?

code sample....

put the _workingPath of stack "Fred" & "d_BRK Files/" into thePath
   put "*.brk" into theFilters

   if the platform = "Win32" then
     answer file "Select a  .brk  file:" with thePath with filter
theFilters
   else
     --
     answer file "Select a   .brk    file: " with thePath
   end if

the _workingPath property is my application equivalent of the
"defaultfolder" and does end in a "/"

The dialog box displayed on the XP box is always wherever I was last.
Is the code incorrect?

Thanks.
Ray