QT movies are driving me crazy

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 06:22:01 EST 2003

I've got a couple of tiny QT movies, both of which are masked. When I
put them into RR player objects, one of the movies gets masked
properly (i.e. the shape of the movie on the screen is the shape of
the mask rather than a rectangle) and the other one appears in a
white rectangle which blots out the background objects. The only
difference I can see between the movies is that the one that doesn't
work has two video tracks (both separately masked) and the one that
does work has only one video track. AFAICS from the Quicktime Player
(5.0.2 for the Mac), the masking is OK outside Revolution.

I can't guess what's wrong and I can't think of a way of finding out.
I don't have any other tools dedicated to editing or examining QT
movies.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Graham