menu paradigm of Rev/MC and other goofiness

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 24 18:31:01 EST 2003

Ivers, Doug E wrote:

> My point is that there are areas of  hypertalk that require more coding and
> are more prone to errors than should be.  I hope that the MC/Rev developers
> are open to discussing these topics and providing improvements in the
> language.
>
> Menus and nested quotes stick out in my mind.

Here's a lil' gem that's radically simplified a lot of my code:

function q s
  return quote& s &quote
end q

To call it:

  put "I said, "& q("Let's go!")

...as opposed to:

  put "I said, "& quote&"Let's go!"&quote

A small improvement, but a but more pleasing to the tired eye. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation