menu paradigm of Rev/MC and other goofiness

Ivers, Doug E Doug_Ivers at lord.com
Mon Feb 24 18:14:01 EST 2003

My point is that there are areas of  hypertalk that require more coding and are more prone to errors than should be.  I hope that the MC/Rev developers are open to discussing these topics and providing improvements in the language.

Menus and nested quotes stick out in my mind.  Another area:  I think there should be a variable type that is an object pointer as opposed to a text string.  I can't put my finger on a specific example that illustrates why right now...but I know I've had to do some coding gyrations to get my (sring) reference to a pointer interpreted right.

-- D