How to resize an Animated Gif

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 06:40:01 EST 2003

on Mon Feb 24 05:27:01 2003
Malte Brill wrote:

>I always searched for a way to resize animated
>Gifs, finally I have one.

I'm as surprised as you that this works.
And to complete the paradox, this feature
appears while importing vector graphics!

>IMHO this is worth a tip of the week.

I feel honored! Thanks Malte! :)

Who knows which others undocumented
features are awaiting for us to discover!

>BTW: I know about your EPS-Importer. Did you also
code >a "bezier-Tool" for Rev? I would like to be able
>create advanced motion-paths (graphics) from
>within Rev. A bezier tool would be very usefull.

Actually, you could download this stack with
a "hardwired" bezier line (7k):

http://ffc.virtualave.net/BezierLine.rev

This could serve fine to draw the motion paths
for objects.

Last week, I've finally found a very simple way to
create and maintain live Bezier and Quadratic curves
in MC/RR (like Illustrator and Flash).
This means that you could apply all transformations:
scale, rotate, skew, reshape and move them as easy
as any polygon graphic. (Some of these transformations

are better handled with matrix math as described in
the svg specification).
This week, I'll scratch time to convert this idea
into a workable solution.

Alejandro