Why doesn't a stack open with the UI

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Feb 22 13:30:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:58:36 -0600
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: Why doesn't a stack open with the UI
>
> On 2/21/03 3:04 PM, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:
>
>>> Command-clicking a stack in the Finder
>>> will open the stack with the development environment loaded, which
>>> allows you to choose how it will open.
>>
>> ----------
>> I thought I tried that. Maybe it's exclusive to MC?
>
> It may be, for now. I think it was added after Rev 1.1.1 was released,
> so won't show up until Rev 2.0.
----------
OK. I hope so.
----------
>>> The default behavior of the engine is to quit when the last window is
>>> closed. If you are still seeing Revolution in your application menu
>>> after closing the last visible window, then you probably have an
>>> invisible stack open somewhere.
>>
>> ----------
>> I don't see how that can be so. I restarted the computer and went to the
>> stack, opened it (without the UI) and it still wouldn't quit. How could
>> there be another stack open if I restarted?
>
> An open substack, maybe?
----------
Maybe it has to do with something that happened. I made a stack with a
substack, then tried to change the name. In the file folder it had the new
name, but it kept showing up in the Rev File menu with the old name. I
closed it and removed it, but it kept coming back with the old name. When I
opened it, the title bar bore the old name as well, and I couldn't change it
because the stack object was grayed out in the menu. Nothing I did would
make the stack editable in any way I could think of.

Finally, I just trashed it. To my amazement, when I opened the File menu to
Recent, it showed the stack I just trashed, and I still couldn't edit it. I
think I trashed it, too. None of this makes any sense to me at all. I'm
still not sure what its state is, although it doesn't show up in the File
menu anymore.

Ken N.