Getting a chunk of stylized text?

depstein at att.net depstein at att.net
Fri Feb 21 16:16:01 EST 2003

There are probably faster ways to do this, but try this:

function extraText f
  -- returns the htmlText that overflows size of fld f
  -- and deletes it from field f
  repeat with c = 1 to length(fld f)
    if the formattedHeight of char 1 to c of fld f > the height of fld f then
      put the htmlText of char c to -1 of fld f into myHtml
      delete char c to -1 of fld f
      return myHtml
    end if
  end repeat