Questions about opening stacks

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Feb 20 20:47:01 EST 2003

Ditto for me..  I whipped together a quick (and regrettably incomplete)
"buttons" stack for my class to look at and due to network problems I had
to get it to them via  ftp'ing to a Yahoo! groups site.  Didn't compress
it (short on time and couldn't find a compressor).

The file d/l w/o its Rev icon; Rev couldn't "see" the file from within the
File -> Open menu option; but double-clicking it when Rev was already open
opened the file just fine.

I'm assuming I'm missing something terribly obvious and important but
can't put my finger on it.  I know we used to have this problem in HC when
the resource fork was in the process of getting stripped and using
DropStuff or DropThing or something like that allowed you to reset the
creator and file type which was positively required to get the to open up
as a stack at all (meaning HC couldn't see it from the File->Open menu
either, nor would double-clicking inside or outside of the authoring
environment do any good).

Judy