several printing questions

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 20:54:01 EST 2003

--- Alex Rice <alrice at arcplanning.com> wrote:
> Thanks for bearing with me. There are a lot of
> questions here.
>
> Mac OS X 10.2.4
> Windows 2000
> Samsung ML-1250 laser printer
>
> 1) I print a bunch of cards using code like this
> --
> lock screen
> open printing
>   print card x
> close printing
> --
> If I lock screen as above, on Windows or on Mac, the
> icons on my
> buttons don't print. Or worse, sometimes there are
> blank regions. If I
> don't lock screen, on Windows, then print card x
> also causes the UI to
> *flash each card* as it's being printed, and the
> button graphics look
> fine. But it's better than missing regions in the
> print job. What is
> the workaround?

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure on your other questions, but what happens
if you 'go stack XXX invisible' while printing?
Of course if the stack is displayed on screen, this
isn't really going to work, unless you create a temp
stack, set its label, make a snapshot of the real
stack window, paste it in the fake stack window, and
purge that stack after use.

Hope this gave you a helpful idea.

Jan Schenkel.

=====