Why... is the selected text deselected?

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Feb 19 12:35:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:59:19 -0700
> Subject: Re: Why... is the selected text deselected?
> From: Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com>
>
> On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 02:28  PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> No guarantee that this will work, but what happens if
>> you set its 'sharedText' property to true ?
>
> It has no effect. It wasn't a grouped field, but I also tried grouping
> it and setting sharedText.
Is there a reason you can't have the backgroundBehavior true?. It should
work under those conditions, or else it wouldn't be compatible with HC.

A totally different approach: Put the field into a palette or other floating
window. Selections seem to stick from card to card until you select
something else.

Ken N.