Referenced icon images

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Feb 17 15:27:01 EST 2003

Hi list,

I've been following the image threads, but some of it evades me. Please bear
with a newbie on this stuff.

I have a button (there may be at up to 14 more of these) which does icon
hiliting using referenced images.  Pretty normal so far.

When I first brought in the referenced images from a folder, they show up in
the middle. When the button calls them as icons by their ID's (show icon:
selections), they show and hilite properly, but the images remain onthe
screen. I guess this means icons must be copies of the images, not the
images themselves.

I just hid the images to get them off the screen, and the button icons still
work OK, but that doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

My question is: What should I do with the referenced images? If I clear
them, are the button icons supposed to remain? What's actually happening?

TIA,
Ken N.