Frozen card

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Mon Feb 17 09:12:00 EST 2003

>What happens if you type "lock messages; go cd 5" in the Message Box?

Nice suggestion. Unfortunately, it still freezes. This falls into the
category, in my mind, of "corrupt stack". I had not been working on the
opencard scripts of the card or anything related. It just sort of stopped
working. I've been developing under OS 9. I transferred the stack to
Windows XP (under 1.1.1) and it also freeses as soon as I attempt to go
to this card.

Given this "corruption" what I find fascinating, is that the 2.0
development environment has no problem with this (so far). This leads me
to believe the stack isn't classically corrupt (actually mangled data
structures, etc.) but there's some combination of the stack and the IDE
that causes it to freeze. Again, in my mind, this points to a more robust
2.0 development environment.

Uh oh--I just tested it under 2.0 on Windows XP and it crashed. However,
under 2.0 Mac OS 9, it still works fine. Very strange!

Regards,

Howard Bornstein