Dealing with the dictionary

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sun Feb 16 18:05:01 EST 2003

destroyStack only affects the image of the stack in memory, not the
disk file. It's perfectly safe.

The exporter is on the user contributions page:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/developerdownloads/
usercontributions.html

Search for my name.

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 04:58 PM, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

> **********
> Hi Geoff,
>
>> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:43:14 -0800
>> Subject: Re: Dealing with the dictionary
>> From: Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com>
>>
>> First, it doesn't free up the memory because Revolution doesn't
>> actually close a stack when you close it. It remains in memory. This
>> can be changed by setting the destroyStack of the stack to true.
> ----------
> OK, so I set the destroyStack property of the stack to true, and close
> it.
> Will it be lost? or is is still in its folder? (destroyStack sounds
> dangerous).
> ----------
>> Second, you can export the docs to a text file, to HTML, or to RTF,
>> and
>> then refer to that. There's an exporter stack on the User
>> Contributions
>> page.
> I couldn't find an exporter stack per se. What's the name?

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any further
questions.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
Revolution Support
--
Geoff Canyon <geoff at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.