How do I use customProperties

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Feb 11 17:39:00 EST 2003

> I am beginning to think that we (well, I) need a lot more short,
> concentrated essays explaining pretty well everything on specific
> topics - for example "all about custom properties" or "all about
> arrays" or "all about printing" etc. to include info on what not to do
> and gotchas. I realise that a lot of the info is there somewhere, but
> it's hard to get the right mixture of 'what' and 'how' to actually get
> things done. As soon as I feel I know enough about one of these areas
> I'll try to draft one of these notes - what do other people think?

Do it. I had a similar problem trying to work out how to use groups and
how they compared to HyperCard's backgrounds, so when I had ploughed my
way through it, I wrote an article for Rev's
"tip-of-the-week/month/year" section and submitted it. If more people
contributed to that, it would be a great resource, not only for
beginners but for those who want to extend into new areas.

Cheers,
Sarah