Configuration Management of built apps

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Tue Feb 11 05:11:01 EST 2003

On Montag, Februar 10, 2003, at 11:46  Uhr, Ray Bennett wrote:

> Now that I'm building standalones, its becoming pretty obvious that a
> lightweight configuraion management tool would be handy (for Unix
> folks, I'm looking for something like sccs for humans).   Something
> like this ultimately should accompany the distribution builder, but...
>
> Have any of you built such a tool?  Something that easily and
> conveniently allows me to track versions of files and stacks included
> in a build, etc.?

heelo Ray,
sorry if i did not understand your question correct, but imho you dont
need a tool for that.

open the DB in rev and build a distribuiton
do all the konfiguration of this build (f.e Mac)
save it with a name and a release number (its a stack)

open it again, change the konfiguration to another build (f.e Linux)
save it with another name (and release number)

do that with all different builds you need and save them in a folder
Voila!
Now you have a kind of a small "database" of different DB stacks for
building any configuration you once, twice or...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539