Force refresh a rotated, file referenced Image

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Feb 10 21:35:01 EST 2003

I use the following to rotate jpegs, it works great... the only problem
is that the interface doesn't update. The image is rotated and if I run
a separate handler to show a different image in "CurrentImage" then
come back to the image I rotated, it shows the new orientation in image
"CurrentImage"

global gCurrentFolder, gLastLine
on mouseUp
   put gCurrentFolder & fld "currentImage" into jai
   put jai into tPath
   create image "Thumb"
   set the rect of image "thumb" to the rect of  image "currentImage"
   set the imagedata of image "thumb" to the imagedata of  image
"currentImage"
   set the topleft of image "thumb" to 200,200
   set the angle of image "thumb" to -90
   export image "thumb" to URL ("binfile:"&jai)  as JPEG
   delete image "thumb"
   set the filename of image "currentImage" to jai
      ## but the image is not updated by the above line

end mouseup

is there a way to force refresh the image to the file path all in the
same handler?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery