How do I scan all the objects on a card?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 19:40:01 EST 2003

In an attempt to do a kind of private Geometry Manager job so as to
react to varying screen sizes, I want to scan every object on a
particular card and do some processing on each one. This will be in a
preOpenCard handler. The objects are graphics, images, buttons,
groups. It looks as if the Revolution Development Environment does
this but I can't see how. When I write for example

   repeat for each control sclTheControl of this card
     send "scpPlaceObject" to sclTheControl
   end repeat

I get a compile error for the first line of the repeat statement. I
guess this is just my ignorance of Transcript, or maybe it could be
more fundamental - can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA

Graham
who one day hopes to answer other people's questions!