Home stack

erik hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 18:42:01 EST 2003

--- Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:

> A minor addendum to Jan's suggestion. The
> following ritual works for
> me--employing a suggestion from Jeanne. Put the
> stack that is to
> masquerade as a home stack into the plug-in
> folder. Include in the
> stack script:
>
> on openStack
>    insert the script of  me into back
>    hide stack "MyPlugIn"
> end openStack
>
> After opening the current stack of interest I
> go to the
> Development/Plugins menu and select MyPlugIn.
> And there is the plugin
> acting as background home stack, out of sight
> and (lurking
> dangerously) out of mind. All relatively
> painless and, Jeanne tells
> us, to become more so in 2.0.
>
> I wonder if it would work as well to load the
> plugin before all other
> stacks. Would its scripts then be available to
> all other loaded
> subsequently? I am unclear of exactly what the
> plugin would be in
> back of.

thanks, i do remember Jeanne's plugins plug, and
have examined Development/Plugins. "plugins" is
not a listing in the Dictionary, and i have no
idea what a plugin is!

putting the startup script into an openStack
handler in a card script or something like that
was explained, but i couldn't get it to work.

probably best to wait for 2.0 on this one.

thanks again.

=====
erik at erikhansen.org    http://www.erikhansen.org