get URL "http://" not working with faceless CGI's

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 05:51:00 EST 2003

--- Dave Cragg <dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk> wrote:
> At 12:30 am +1000 9/2/03, valetia at mac.com wrote:
> >Hi Jan,
> >
> >>  In the meantime, you should be able to achieve
> what
> >>  you want by adding a line
> >>  start using stack "libURL"
> >>  at the start of your cgi-script.
> >
> >Hmm, tried that and it still doesn't work (I get an
> internal server error
> >the moment that line is inserted)...
>
> The problem is that there is no stack "libUrl" for
> your script to
> access. (Jan, were you using the Metacard side of
> your brain? :))

Hi Dave,

Out of curiosity, is that the right or the left half?
No seriously, I would have thought you could simply
drop the libURL file from the RunRev website into the
folder, or store it elsewhere and include a path in
the 'start using' call.
Oh well, thanks for correcting me Dave ; glad Valetia
is up and running now ; and also thanks for teaching
me another valuable trick on how to extract the most
current internet library ;-)

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====