get URL "http://" not working with faceless CGI's

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 10:10:01 EST 2003

At 12:30 am +1000 9/2/03, valetia at mac.com wrote:
>Hi Jan,
>
>>  In the meantime, you should be able to achieve what
>>  you want by adding a line
>>  start using stack "libURL"
>>  at the start of your cgi-script.
>
>Hmm, tried that and it still doesn't work (I get an internal server error
>the moment that line is inserted)...

The problem is that there is no stack "libUrl" for your script to
access. (Jan, were you using the Metacard side of your brain? :))

To make a libUrl stack from within Rev, you could do this.

Create a new mainstack and name it myLibUrl (or whatever) and save it
as myLibUrl.rev.

In a button, put the following script (take care of wrapping in mail):

on mouseUp
   set the script of  stack "myLibUrl" to the script of button "revlibUrl" \
        of stack "revLibrary"
   set the customproperties of stack "myLibUrl" to the customproperties  \
        of button "revlibUrl" of stack "revLibrary"
   set the customProperties["cFtpGoodCodes"]  of stack "myLibUrl" to \
        the customProperties["cFtpGoodCodes"]  \
            of button "revlibUrl" of stack  "revLibrary"
    save stack "myLibUrl"
end mouseUp

I've never done the next bit, but I understand it works. (Someone
please tell us if I'm wrong.)

Place the myLibUrl stack in the same location as your cgi script.
Near the top of your cgi script, put the line:

start using stack "myLibUrl.rev"

Cheers
Dave