get URL "http://" not working with faceless CGI's

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 07:56:01 EST 2003

--- "valetia at mac.com" <valetia at mac.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get it working?
>
> Valetia

The reason why this doesn't work, is that the current
cgi-server doesn't load any of the RunRev libraries --
neither the libURL library, nor the revdb library ;
it's just the MetaCard engine, basically.
The word is that RunRev 2.0 will sport a new
cgi-engine, which will have all the libraries loaded
at startup, so your cgi-scripts can use them.
In the meantime, you should be able to achieve what
you want by adding a line
  start using stack "libURL"
at the start of your cgi-script.

Hope this helped,