use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1110 - 15 msgs

Bradley Borch brad at activadesign.com
Fri Feb 7 08:59:00 EST 2003

>> Can I take the same approach in rev using Flash export (as a QT mov)
>>  and still have some control
>> within the flash animation? I did a test and got mixed results. Any
>> user experiences using rev as a multimedia player with Flash embedded
>> as QT would be most helpful.
>
> What sort of mixed results did you get?

I did another test last night. I've got a flash file exported to QT
with buttons that show/hide elements of a scrolling animation, and
another slider button that controls the playing of the animation. Rev
1.1 is VERY slow recognizing the button presses (up to several seconds
to respond to mouse down or up), both in authoring and in the
executable on the Mac, but it does recognize them. Rev 2 beta is quite
responsive (as responsive as QuickTIme player) in authoring. Didn't try
in an executable or on the PC. I'll continue testing.

If Rev is able to support QT and I can use some relatively tricky
animations (replicating movie clips for animated text, etc.) then I'd
have the best of all worlds -- an elegant development tool and
sophisticated animation capabilities. Is there anybody else out there
thinking along these lines and using Rev in this way?

Brad