animations

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Thu Feb 6 23:43:01 EST 2003

Hi Ken,

> Good question. How about making the animation into a QT movie?
>
> Ken N. ( the _other_ Ken)
> **********

Well I suppose I could use SnapZPro X. and make a quick time movie and
put a player in the group.  This could work but I have a feeling that
the overhead would be significant. Besides the animation manager is
very cool and simple to use for animating Rev Objects.  My guess is
that the resulting animation is relatively small as well.  In addition,
I wouldn't have to fiddle around with data folders, relative path
scripting etc using the animation manager.

Having the ability to use this tool within a group means that I can
have multiple uses for a card's screen real estate. Placing  the
animation in a group allows me to show and hide it at will. I am
already doing this using the move command on group components.  The
results are nice but no where as sophisticated as they would be using
the animation manager.

Regards,

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA