Still need help with grab problems

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Feb 6 11:53:01 EST 2003

"Graham Samuel" wrote:

> I have a stack which displays a card on which there are a number of
> static graphic objects, and at the top layer there are also some
> image objects. The user can move these around the screen with the
> mouse. The script in each image for the moving is just
>
>  on mouseDown
>   grab me
>  end mouseDown
>
> When these images arrive at certain places on the screen, other
> scripts come into play, but during the movement, it's just grabbing.

The grab command is essentially synchronous -- you can't run anything else
until the grab action is completed.

Is there a reason you can't use your own drag routine?  Some time ago, I
suggested you use your own drag script instead of the grab command.  There
are examples in the archives, or you can try entering the following in your
message box:

  go stack url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/panel.mc"

Alternatively, you can go to http://www.tactilemedia.com/download

Regards,